Sunday, May 02, 2010

My Phobias and other annoying things...!!!

My Phobias... Hey, I don't even know what this term actually mean in Psychology...

I take Phobias as Fears, or rather "Holes" "Voids" in a person.

As a human being, I too have many. The thing is that I realized many of them and controlled them a lot. That's the most interesting part...

According to my rules, there are two solutions of overcoming your fears:
  1. Avoid that thing, if possible.
  2. Try to learn to live with it, steadily.

Insects:

Those legged creatures are too annoying, especially when they crawl on your body. I used to fear them a lot when I was a kid. But gradually, I have changed my habits. And now I take these things so ordinary that still I like to catch insects, bugs in my hands. These include Ladybirds, Mantis, Grasshoppers, Crickets, Ants, butterflies and moths, spiders, bees, wasp... still looking for cockroaches.

Heights:

It's not that strong fear, but still, I don’t feel comfortable being on the edges of high roofs and looking down. Maybe, it's a fear of falling. So I don’t usually peep from the roofs.

Certain People:

I don’t feel comfortable sitting in the company of elder people, people having narrow [mental] vision and people wearing Army Uniforms or formal dresses.

Quarrels:

I don't like being into places where people fight, especially physical beating. Similarly, I don’t like wars, neither watch news of this sort. I think that most of our cases can also be solved peacefully.

Accidents:

I always wish to stay away from any big accident or mishap, fire, drowning, road accident, etc.

Vehicles:

That phobia is somewhat still here. I hate vehicles. I always wish to have those old chariots days, or just bicycles around... but we can't help it, these fast moving vehicles are a must. Still, I haven’t practiced driving and not intended to. I guess, I'll do it somehow if I ever try.

Bus...

[Originally written on Aug 25, 2005]


No comments:

Post a Comment