Saturday, January 14, 2006

What's in a Name, Knonie...???

I must say "Knonie" is my real name.

A name is a word, used to identify a person. I'm known by this name on internet as well as in my real life. This is real ME who's behind this word. But if you are asking about "insaanoN waala naam" [human-like name], the name that my parents chose for me, that is Ahmed, but everyone's been calling me Knonie since I was a kid.

I assume it was actually inspired by a puppet/muppet character from Pakistan Television [PTV] named "Kaliyan" by Farooq Qaiser. That character was a round faced innocent looking, named "Noni Paa". Perhaps, I used to look like that in my childhood.

P.S: Knonie is pronounced as no-nee 

2 comments:

  1. Hey guess what...?
    I had a dawg named Knonie!
    hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mehddi:

    Just like Indian movie actor Amir Khan has a dog named Shahrukh...

    = )

    ReplyDelete